Accounting Business Analyst – Montreal
The team works simultaneously on a wide range of projects arising from business and regulatory changes, strategic initiatives and reengineering existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries.
This particular program aims to ensure that the bank comply fully with the revised BCBS 239 Regulation. It focuses on developing principles for effective Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting within the General Ledger.
The main mission for this position is to assist the Project Manager with current projects, especially for End User Computing, Third party and Securities streams.
- Participate in the BCBC 239 project
- Ensure that the specificities of Canada and the US are taken into account during the project.
- Participate in project planning, cost estimates and follow-up (KPIs).
- Provide concise follow-up on a regularly basis to the project manager and sponsors.
- Provide follow-up and support on other related projects, per agreement with management.
- Elicit, analyse, and document user requirements and business processes.
- Undertake data assessment, data gap analysis and remediation.
- Develop functional specification requirements for IT development and to ensure user requirements are met.
- Define, test and execute the migration strategy.
- Manage issues and escalate effectively.
- Ensure on-time quality delivery of projects assigned.
Is this project fitting for you ?
- Experienced and organized Project Manager with ability to give vision about his/her work, risks, deliverables in a concise way;
- Work experience in the field of accounting and/or accounting systems (i.e. upstream to general ledger) and implementation in the financial services industry with a good understanding of Finance domain;
- Experience in business analysis and project management, writing functional specifications and testing applications – mandatory;
- Experience with SharePoint and knowledge about the functionalities of the tool.
Your key assets:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical, accounting or management levels;
- Experience working with accounting of complex banking financial products and their accounting schemas;
- Having a strong control culture and the ability to improve processes over cross-functional and cross-location teams;
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite (data analysis in Excel, PowerPoint presentations);
- Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams (Canada, US, India).
Lean more about Quanteam
EcoVadis has certified Quanteam with the “Gold” label in 2018 to reward our CSR politcy, ranking us among the top 5% of companies rated by the CSR rating agency.
FRTB ou « Bâle IV » : Quels sont les principes de cette réglementation ? Les enjeux liés à sa mise en application ? Les avantages et les inconvénients de la nouvelle méthode de calcul des risques ? Nos experts vous disent tout dans cette interview d’introduction à leur intervention lors de la conférence EFE du 25 septembre 2018 « Bâle IV ou la finalisation de Bâle III ».
One of the components of the bilateral margin required by EMIR is Initial Margin. Our experts will describe you its method of calculation. Discover their white paper!
Follow us on social networks: