Compliance Business Analyst – New York
As a Business Analyst consultant, you will be onboarded in the IT Business Analyst team, to manage, coordinate and handle several projects related to compliance, such as AML / BSA subject, risk assessment, etc.
- Assist in/coordinate the development and enhancement of data for the annual AML, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery and Corruption Risk Assessments to ensure relevant inherent risks and mitigating controls are identified as well as identifying areas for enhancement;
- Data analytics, including analysis of metrics impact on Compliance Risk Assessment scoring and weighting methodologies;
- Perform quality assurance reviews of risk assessment data to verify effectiveness of methodology, and accuracy and consistency of data across scope of the assessment;
- Analysis of results data by risk theme, desk, entity and other criteria;
- Interpret information and regulatory requirements in order to define and manage data requests;
- Work closely with Information Technology and other stakeholders to properly resolve any system, process or project issues identified in a timely manner;
- Work with Core Compliance and AML Compliance in order to ensure accurate results of key risk assessment reports and data;
- Assist with the development and ongoing maintenance of an inventory of risk profiles and/or statements to categorize regulatory requirements;
- Update/draft data strategy documents for the risk assessments;
- Prepare status reports.
Is this project fiting for you ?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a financial services firm and/or self-regulatory organization within a compliance risk assessment function;
- Outstanding data analytics capability;
- Computer skills including Access/SQL databases, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ability to create and manage complex excel spreadsheets;
- Experience with Business Object sis a plus;
- Experience in AML/BSA/OFAC compliance;
- Good project management skills, including ability to prioritize, deploy resources to meet deadlines and follow through on completion of complex, high-profile projects;
- Experience working with manual Compliance Risk Assessment processes and automated compliance platforms (a plus).
Your key assets:
- Ability to coordinate efforts within compliance teams as well as across multiple business units and cultures;
- Strong writing skills, detail oriented with strong follow-up capabilities;
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change in a fast moving environment.