Application Production Support – Montreal
The IT department is in charge of providing other departments with Information System support. In every of the bank entity all over the world, IT department provides and manages high quality and competitive tools while respecting technology. The candidate will work with the team in charge of the Application and user support for regulatory reporting applications.
- Understanding of technical and Business processes of various different Front Office applications and the trade life-cycle;
- Monitoring and understanding of regulatory data processing infrastructure;
- Understanding multiple GUI design features to assist the clients help with multiple workflows with in regulatory infrastructure;
- Provide status updates, proper escalations & reporting to management & Business;
- Management of documentation and post release checkouts UAT and Production releases;
- Write technical specification and document functional flows;
- Communication and coordination with Business analysts and other technology teams;
- Identify and assist in resolution of risks and issues that will adversely affect planned project milestones;
- Direct contribution to the bank’s operational permanent control framework.
Is this project fitting for you?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Previous experience in an application support environment, preferably in the financial sector;
- International experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise writing and running database queries on large data-sets;
- Know-how of the FIX protocol and troubleshooting on UNIX/LINUX systems;
- Strong SQL skills;
- Ability to script in perl/python/shell and automate tasks;
- Worked on platforms supporting web applications using Web Services or TOMCAT;
- Ability to understand applications using JAVA, XML and running in multi-threaded environment using various data structures;
- Know-how of client-server and MVC architecture;
- Demonstrated expertise performing object-oriented and data structure analysis and design within multi-threaded applications and concurrent application programming;
- Ability to talk to Compliance Users and Business users and provide status updates/reports;
- Use of industry standard tools (Service Now/ITSM, Jira) is a plus.
Functional skills :
- Knowledge of Compliance.
Your key assets :
- French is a plus;
- Able to work as part of a team, use own initiative and be self motivated;
- Able to handle pressure;
- Passionate, determined and intellectual curiosity.