Market Data Engineer
New-York, Dallas or Salt Lake City
Our client, an American leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm is seeking a Senior Market Data Engineer to expand their highly successful, fully automated computerized trading franchise across asset classes.
The Market Data Engineering team is responsible for the consumption and timely, accurate distribution of all real-time and historical data provided by global stock exchanges, brokers, and data vendors including Bloomberg and Refinitiv (Reuters).
We look for engineers, with a growth mindset who are driven to automate and improve. Essential Skills include solid Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals, SDLC experience (e.g. scripting, coding, git, svn), and the role would be a good fit for someone who feels they would thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
In this role you will handle the following responsibilities :
- Level 2 and 3 Support Day to Day operation of Market Data Platform (TREP)
- Plan and execute changes to the environment based on project and business requirements
- Provide consultation for the business and business application development teams on market data solutions that meet their requirements
- Engage with vendors and exchange to execute changes or new implementations
- Engage with the global team to establish standard product and service offerings
- Use industry knowledge to proactively inform businesses of the impact of upcoming changes to relevant market data products as well as to formulate a plan of action
- Delivery of production solutions that minimize day to day support effort taking into account system instrumentation/monitoring to provide a robust, resilient, and efficient operating model
- Knowledge share to rest of team
Position available periodically
Is this project fitting for you?
- Expert knowledge (5Y+) of market data products from Refinitiv (TREP)
- Significant experience with the operation of large-scale/high-performance market data systems.
- Direct exchange feed experience
- Knowledge of monitoring and instrumentation tools and their implementation e.g. ITRS, Hawk, Corvil, CloudWatch, custom
- Strong understanding of Network and OS (Linux/Solaris) fundamentals.
- Significant experience as System Admin, DevOps Engineer, or equivalent role.
- Experience in network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Scripting / coding SDLC experience (e.g. bash/python/git/svn)
- Strong planning, prioritization, communication skills in the context of a team environment.
- Problem-solving attitude and can work independently and as part of a team.
- Project Management skills
- Dedicated willingness to invest time to learn new technologies and products
Your key assets:
- Understanding of Market Data APIs: e.g. SFC, RFA, UPA
- Experience with other market data platforms, e.g. Vela, Activ Financial, BPIPE, ICE/IDX
- Experience with capital markets stand-alone market data and trading desktop applications – FXT, Bloomberg, BGC, Dealhub, Factset…
- Experience working on a follow-the-sun global team
- Low latency / high-frequency trading business knowledge
- Financial markets knowledge
- Experience in large scale distributed applications, e.g. enterprise messaging
- Cloud computing, container orchestration
- Career management and empowerment of team members
Join us !