Senior Java Software Engineer – Chicago
Quanteam is hiring a Senior JAVA Software Engineer to work with an investment bank based in Chicago.
You will join a department primarily engaged to provide IT solutions for the Equity Prime Services business line clients externally and internally. Working in partnership with Prime Service Front Office and Operations, they deliver innovative and robust solutions. The team is responsible for facilitating entry to new markets, compliance with regulatory needs, growth in business volumes, and operational efficiency improvements in our post-trade processing environment.
As a JAVA Software Engineer, you will support the development of a new Clearing & Allocation Platform. This is a new build project that will use the Microsoft AZURE Infrastructure to develop and deploy a market-leading solution. As a member of the Feature Team, you will work in autonomy, which includes the following development tasks :
- Design, develop and implement technical solutions using Java programming language, Angular JS, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, Kubernetes & Java Spring boot
- Support deconstruction of customer requests into detailed stories by interacting with the Product Owner
- Deliver working code that meets acceptance criteria as well as meets the definition of done at different levels
- Write code, deploy scripts, unit test, check code to the source code repository, and monitor delivery pipeline activity to ensure product quality and consistency
- Conduct testing, deployment, and production activities of the team to ensure production stability, applying the guidelines provided by the chapters
- Engage in pair programming to write high-quality code that’s easy to understand and support
- Write tests – very often before the associated code – at unit level with Junit, Mockito and in BDD style with Cucumber
- Attend backlog refinement and planning sessions to discuss and estimate (small, medium, large) upcoming stories
Position available periodically
Is this project fitting for you?
- BS/Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant technical field.
- 8 plus years of experience working as Senior Programmer Analyst role in a financial industry environment
- Comfortable working in agile methodologies, ideally Scrum.
- Experience with automated testing approaches – test-driven development, unit testing, integration testing, and BDD testing.
- Exposure to continuous integration tools.
- Understanding of service-oriented architectures and message brokers.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability. Able to break down complex problems into simple manageable units, develop solutions for each unit, and integrate them back into the whole.
- Results-oriented, able to set goals and priorities that maximize the use of resources available to consistently deliver quality results.
- Team-oriented, client-focused, and open to different ideas/viewpoints. Self-awareness of own behavior and work style, as well as tolerant of different needs and viewpoints
- Financial industry experience highly preferable
Technical skills :
- Experience with Java 8 and Angular JS
- Experience with SQL (ideally PL/SQL Oracle)
- Sound knowledge of Spring boot or another Java back-end framework, Kafka, Elastic Search, Kibana, & Kubernetes
- AZURE or AWS Development Environment will be a plus
- Designing RESTful APIs and integrating third-party RESTful APIs.
- Working familiarity with code revising and branding, ideally Git
- Experience working in a global/international financial IT environment, where there is a broad range of policies and procedures.
- Possess first-hand experience working in a real Change and Release management environment
- Experience with business analysis methodologies, processes, and documentation standards
- Languages: English – Desired / Plus: French
Join us !