Cloud Engineer – Investment Bank – Dallas
We are hiring a Cloud engineer to work with one client – an international investment bank – based in Dallas.
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative, and intellectually curious software engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing secure, cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced DevOps environment with a bias towards action. This is a very hands-on role that requires daily coding.
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications into public cloud environments.
- Help to define, communicate and promote best practices for public cloud application development across the department.
- Develop software and tooling to secure and automate cloud infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
- Design and operation of container environments for container management and orchestration.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, and other tooling.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives.
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast-paced, multi-directional work environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical, and highly commercial solutions.
- Experience supporting complex production application environments.
Position available periodically
Is this project fitting for you?
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure cloud environment.
- Ability to reason about and consider tradeoffs for performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems.
- Experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment, and configuration management tools in a DevOps environment.
- Experience meeting demands for high availability and scale.
- Ability to collaboratively communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions.
Your key assets:
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of container technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, or ECS.
- Hands-on experience with multiple Amazon web services.
- Experience using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Experience in one of the Configuration management system (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
Join us !