Developer Java – Investment Bank – Dallas
As part of our global team you will be responsible for the specification, development, testing, delivery and support of our brand new banking
Our mission is to build a market leading banking platform that meets our corporate client’s needs. We are starting with a clean slate and one singular goal in mind: build a highly scalable, resilient, 24×7 available cloud-based platform that our corporate clients can rely on to run their businesses.
This role offers a unique opportunity to be involved in the inception phase of a brand new business within the bank and you will be required to contribute to the vision, propose ideas and drive the implementation of our platform. Our flat structure requires and enables team members to evolve through the entire spectrum of the software life-cycle and closely collaborate with product owners, business and operations users.
We are looking for someone with lots of energy that enjoys engineering challenges, has a passion to deliver high quality technology products
and is able to operate in a highly fluid, rapidly changing environment. If that’s you, we would like to hear from you.
As part of our global team you will work on various components as a Software Engineer. Your role includes specification, development, as well as the testing and rollout of new features. You are expected to contribute to the vision, understand our product roadmap, integrate business value with experience and contribute to building an engineering culture within the team.
We expect the successful candidate to deliver high quality software and to be passionate about software engineering. You must have a proficient understanding of software development concepts. A good understanding of the Cloud concepts is a plus. You will also be responsible to develop easy to support software and liaise with our SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) team to factor in their requirements.
In this role you will handle the following responsibilities :
- Manage multiple tasks and use sound judgment when prioritizing
- Collaborate with global cross functional teams in building customer-centric products
- Analyze existing software implementations to identify areas of improvement and provide deadline estimates for implementing new
- Update and maintain documentation for team processes, best practices and software runbooks
- Establish trusted partnerships with peers, product heads, and executive level stakeholders
- Must be passionate about technology and engineering
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to apply knowledge and experience in decision-making to arrive at creative and commercial
- Ability to leverage technology to deliver business value
- Must be independent and comfortable in a fast paced, ambiguous and often multi-directional work environment
Position available periodically
Is this project fitting for you?
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience using a modern programming language (preferably Java/Scala)
- Experience with Databases (SQL or no-SQL)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience leveraging test-driven development methodologies
- Comfort with Agile operating models (practical experience of Scrum/Kanban)
- Team oriented; strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated
Your key assets:
- Experience with microservice architectures (SOA)
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with Payments systems (understanding of the various payment networks)
- Experience with SQL databases (PostgreSQL/Oracle/Sybase)
- Experience with AWS/Azure
- Experience in Financial Services or Fintech
Join us !