Front Office RAD Developer – C# or Python – New York
As part of the pre-trade IT department, the Commando team is in charge of the development and support of all the pricers, Risk Analysis & PnL tools of the trading desks and financial engineers (fixed income or equity derivatives).
The team provides an agile development capability to develop front-office solutions quickly for various US-based small to medium sized projects.
More specifically, the NY development team is in charge of developing and supporting tactical tools such as: Market risk hedging spreadsheets, Spreadsheet for calibration of rate volatility, – Real-time market data repository for Fixed Income pricing.
- Building applications for structured product businesses;
- Ensuring all data and flows between other trading and settlement applications are maintained;
- Work with the Exotic traders to understand their needs and translate requirements into systems;
- Work closely with the Quant team in order to improve the pricing models for local currencies;
- Be responsible for the support of the desk;
- designs and implement the project accordingly;
- Ensure agile and continuous delivery methodology is followed;
- Ensure code is well tested;
- Ensure that release management / change management processes are followed;
- Collaborate with other teams (networking, systems, quality insurance, support, architects, others development teams…);
- Improve existing processes in order to reduce support time;
- Maintain pricing tools, optimize usage, monitoring;
- Give clear and consistent reports to the clients and management;
- Ensure business requirements are met;
- Rely on IT best practices to improve quality of development.
Is this project fitting for you?
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 3 to 5 years of experience as a Developer in a financial environment;
- Strong knowledge and experience in C# or Python Development;
- Strong knowledge and experience in VBA Development;
- Experience in financial products / financial industry business processes / trading system;
- Strong knowledge in risk analysis and pricing;
- Analytical and algorithmic skills.
Your key assets:
- Good written & verbal communication skills, appropriate to a given audience, (technical, functional, etc.), ability to communicate to a wide range of clients and support staff (traders, middle office, developer…);
- Rigorous, dynamic, detail oriented, fast learning capacity and able to work in a high-pressure environment, able to manage multiple tasks in parallel.